If you’re like most people I know, you can’t picture a life without pasta. We went a long time without a noodle substitute and I like to think as those times as BV- Before Veggetti.
There has definitely been progression in the world of gluten-free pasta, but the GMOs and allergies go deeper than just celiac.
There are rice-based alternatives that could be a tasty solution. ..If you don’t mind a bowl of mush because you over-cooked it for .3 seconds and it all started disintegrating..
There are corn-based alternatives out there and those hold up great! ..If you like your macaroni to be genetically modified..
Let’s get back to what matters: pasta. And a bonus is that these are made out of one ingredient that won’t crumble to the touch of your fork, not inflammatory like flour/dairy/artificial additives, and most of all you’ll love the taste. Turnip noodles will fill you up without weighing you down.
-Pack of pre-noodled turnips OR 2 or more turnips (peeled) and that trusty Veggetti
-1 tsp. Organic garlic powder
-1 tsp. Organic rosemary
-Salt & pepper to taste
-1 tsp. Organic turmeric (anti-inflammatory & antioxidant!)
-2 tbsp. Organic olive oil
-Large sauteing pan
1. Add olive oil to pan. Med-Hi heat
2. Add your noodles, rest of olive oil, and seasoning to the pan.
3. Give it a good mix so the seasoning and olive oil are distributed, repeat every few minutes to avoid sticking to the pan.
4. If you notice your noodle are sticking, add another splash of olive oil.
5. Cook for 12 minutes – you’ll know they’re ready when they’ve softened and are flavorful!